Thursday, May 26

Manchester United ‘join PSG, Bayern Munich and Newcastle in SNUBBING move for Eden Hazard’

Manchester United ‘join PSG, Bayern Munich and Newcastle in SNUBBING Eden Hazard’ as Real Madrid ‘look to offload injury-prone winger’ following disastrous £89m move from Chelsea

  • Manchester United are reportedly the latest club to turn down Eden Hazard
  • Reports claim that Real Madrid are hoping to offload the injury-prone Belgium
  • PSG, Bayern Munich and Newcastle are also said to have rejected the winger
  • The 30-year-old has fallen out of favour at Real Madrid under Carlo Ancelotti
  • ESPN reports that Madrid want to recoup at least £42m for the ex-Chelsea star


<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–
(function (src, d, tag){ var s = d.createElement(tag), prev = d.getElementsByTagName(tag)[0]; s.src = src; prev.parentNode.insertBefore(s, prev); }(“https://www.dailymail.co.uk/static/gunther/1.17.0/async_bundle–.js”, document, “script”));

<!– DM.loadCSS(“https://www.dailymail.co.uk/static/gunther/gunther-2159/video_bundle–.css”);

<!–

Manchester United are reportedly one of four clubs to have rejected the chance to sign Eden Hazard as his struggles at Real Madrid continue.

Hazard, 30, has struggled to reach the heights that convinced the Spanish giants to splash out an initial fee of £89million two years ago, with performance-based incentives taking that figure to £150m. 

However, injuries have derailed the former Chelsea star’s progress in Madrid, where he has scored just five goals across 53 appearances in all competitions for Los Blancos.

Manchester United have reportedly become the latest club to turn down Eden Hazard

Manchester United have reportedly become the latest club to turn down Eden Hazard

Manchester United have reportedly become the latest club to turn down Eden Hazard

Last month, Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti gave a damning indictment of Hazard’s prospects at the Bernabeu, telling the Belgian to ‘put up’ with the reality that he is low down in the pecking order.

See also  Transfer news LIVE: Jose Mourinho plotting to raid old club Tottenham

And now, with Hazard no longer in Ancelotti’s plans and club president Florentino Perez losing patience in him, it appears as if Real are looking to offload him sooner rather than later – but are struggling to do so, according to Catalan news site El Nacional.

The report claims that United have become the latest club to snub a move for the winger, with Bayern Munich, PSG and even Newcastle deciding against taking a gamble on the former Chelsea star. 

Injuries have derailed the former Chelsea star's progress in Madrid after his £89m move

Injuries have derailed the former Chelsea star's progress in Madrid after his £89m move

Injuries have derailed the former Chelsea star’s progress in Madrid after his £89m move

Hazard's no longer in Carlo Ancelotti's (right) plans while Real president Florentino Perez (left) has lost patience in him

Hazard's no longer in Carlo Ancelotti's (right) plans while Real president Florentino Perez (left) has lost patience in him

Hazard’s no longer in Carlo Ancelotti’s (right) plans while Real president Florentino Perez (left) has lost patience in him

Bayern, who were once interested in the Belgium international, are said to have turned down a cut-price move for Hazard while PSG reportedly rejected the player in a player-plus-cash deal for Kylian Mbappe.

Madrid are looking to raise funds for a big summer window in 2022, with Mbappe and Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland on the club’s radar.

Mbappe, 22, will be available for free when his contract expires but is expected to demand a huge signing on fee and wage package from Los Blancos. 

Haaland will be available for a fee of just £64m owing to his release clause, but Madrid will face heavy competition from Man City and Chelsea for the Norwegian’s signature. 

Ancelotti said that his star man must accept the fact he has slipped down the pecking order

Ancelotti said that his star man must accept the fact he has slipped down the pecking order

Ancelotti said that his star man must accept the fact he has slipped down the pecking order

Hazard has three years left on his deal at the Bernabeu and a report from ESPN last month claimed that Madrid will be looking to recoup at least £42m (€50m) for him.

See also  Leeds agree deal to sign promising Espanyol striker Mateo Joseph Fernandez in January

Despite being fit for most of this season, Hazard, 30, has made just 10 appearances and has set up one goal, with the Belgian yet to score. He was also benched for El Clasico.  

Both Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo have been relied on heavily by Ancelotti instead of Hazard.

The last two seasons have been frustrating for the Belgium international. He made just 16 top-flight appearances in his first campaign, although Madrid won LaLiga.

Hazard spent seven successful years at Chelsea where he won the Premier League twice

Hazard spent seven successful years at Chelsea where he won the Premier League twice

Hazard spent seven successful years at Chelsea where he won the Premier League twice

For the next year, Hazard played just 14 times in the league – with the club going trophyless. Under Ancelotti, he has now been pushed further out of the equation.

Further highlighting the dilemma facing Hazard, Ancelotti said that his star man must accept the fact he has slipped down the pecking order. 

‘He has absolutely everything but he has to put up with the situation,’ Ancelotti told Spanish media. ‘Right now he has a coach who prefers other players.’  

The Belgian spent seven largely successful years at Stamford Bridge, where he won the Premier League on two occasions. 


Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.