Thursday, May 26

Barcelona and Manchester City ‘are £13m apart in their valuation of Ferran Torres’

Barcelona and Man City ‘are £13m apart in their valuation of Ferran Torres’ but cash-strapped Catalans are ‘hoping a compromise can be reached on his £51m price tag’ with the Spanish winger wanting to leave the Etihad

  • Barcelona are eyeing up a January move for Manchester City star Ferran Torres
  • Torres has supposedly told the Premier League champions he wants to leave
  • City want over double the £21m they paid Valencia for him and value him at £51m
  • Reports in Spain claim that Barcelona are willing to pay £38m for the winger
  • Barca are hopeful a compromise can be reached with Torres wanting to leave 


<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–
(function (src, d, tag){ var s = d.createElement(tag), prev = d.getElementsByTagName(tag)[0]; s.src = src; prev.parentNode.insertBefore(s, prev); }(“https://www.dailymail.co.uk/static/gunther/1.17.0/async_bundle–.js”, document, “script”));

<!– DM.loadCSS(“https://www.dailymail.co.uk/static/gunther/gunther-2159/video_bundle–.css”);

<!–

Barcelona are reportedly ready to offer Manchester City £38million for Ferran Torres – but the cash-strapped Catalans are still £13m short of what the Premier League side are wanting for the winger.

Torres is desperate to fulfil his dream of playing for Barcelona and it appears he could be granted his wish if the two clubs can agree to a price.

According to Mundo Deportivo, City have priced Torres at £51m – over double the £21m they paid Valencia for him last year – and are willing to let him go if Barca stump up the cash.

The report goes on to claim that the two clubs are £13m apart in their valuation of the player but Barcelona remain hopeful a compromise can be reached given that Torres has told the club he wants to leave. 

Sportsmail reported last month that the Catalans are keen on landing the Spain forward in January and he is open to exploring a move after limited starts prior to his foot injury.

Barca chief executive Ferran Reverter and director of football Mateu Alemany visited City’s base in November to enquire about Torres, hoping a move could be sanctioned once the window reopens next month.

Cash-strapped Barcelona are eager to back new manager Xavi in the transfer market

Cash-strapped Barcelona are eager to back new manager Xavi in the transfer market

Cash-strapped Barcelona are eager to back new manager Xavi in the transfer market

Barca’s vice president, Rafael Yuste, said after their vivist that they have held talks about the 21-year-old with the Premier League champions.

‘Ferran is a great player and we are working with discretion,’ said Yuste. ‘We have friends at Manchester City and there is good relationship.

‘Ferran Reverter has paid a courtesy call.’ 

The Catalan side are said to be eager to back their new manager Xavi in next month’s transfer window but their continuous struggles with finances could prove to be a stumbling block.

Mundo Deportivo add that Torres has already agreed terms over a five-year contract at the Nou Camp. 

The 21-year-old Spain international is understood to be interested in exploring a move

The 21-year-old Spain international is understood to be interested in exploring a move

The 21-year-old Spain international is understood to be interested in exploring a move

City signed Torres in August 2020, with the attacker signing a five-year contract in Manchester. 

So far this season, Torres has played seven times for City in all competitions, scoring three goals.

See also  Barcelona face a huge January transfer window - so who are they targeting?

His last appearance was on September 21, however, and he has since been sidelined due to a foot injury sustained on international duty with Spain.


Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.