The summer transfer window is approaching, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Abraham targeted by United, Arsenal
Arsenal and Manchester United could be set to battle it out for the signature of England international Tammy Abraham this summer as they continue their search for a striker, reveals Corriere dello Sport.
The 24-year-old forward is reported to have caught the attention of a number of clubs last season having enjoyed an impressive campaign with AS Roma, scoring 17 goals in 37 Serie A appearances, but it is the Gunners and Erik ten Hag’s United who are understood to be leading the race.
As Abraham joined the Giallorossi from Chelsea last season, the Blues will have the first option to sign Abraham should they wish to bring him back to Stamford Bridge for £69 million. However, a move could prove difficult, with indications that Abraham is happy in Italy and has no plans to leave the Estadio Olimpico.
Abraham reportedly enjoyed working under Roma boss Jose Mourinho last season, and helped secure the club the Europa Conference League title.
– Manchester United are preparing to make a new proposal to Barcelona next week, as they look to secure a deal for Frenkie de Jong, according to Fabrizio Romano. United boss Ten Hag has reportedly made the 25-year-old midfielder a key target this summer, and the Blaugrana could be prepared to move him on as they look to raise funds to make reinforcements in other areas of the team.
– Celtic and Udinese are set to battle it out for Metz star Amadou Mbengue, writes Foot Mercato. The 20-year-old midfielder attracted plenty of interest in January from the Bundesliga, but it now looks as though more clubs across Europe will join the race for his signature. Mbengue is set to become a free agent on June 30, having yet to agree new terms with Les Grenats.
– Mario Gotze‘s future looks set to see him return to the Bundesliga, with reports suggesting that he is edging closer to a move to Eintracht Frankfurt, according to Sport1. Talks are reported to be scheduled for next week, with the 30-year-old PSV Eindhoven midfielder reportedly choosing the Europa League champions as his next destination. Gotze is also on the radar of Benfica.
– Liverpool are interested in signing Marco Asensio, according to Sport. Despite recent reports suggesting that the Reds had concluded their transfer business in terms of incoming signings this summer, the latest indicates that Jurgen Klopp has identified Asensio as a target. The 26-year-old attacking midfielder made 31 appearances for Real Madrid in LaLiga last season, scoring 10 goals.
– River Plate will restart talks with Atletico Junior as they look to complete a move for Miguel Borja, according to Pipe Sierra. It is reported that the Colombian club could be persuaded to allow the 29-year-old forward to leave for the right fee, with River understood to be preparing to make an offer in the next week. The Colombia international scored eight goals in 11 games in the Liga Dimayor regular season, and has since scored twice in six matches during the playoffs.