See what happened on the scales ahead of Fedor Emelianenko’s swan song.
This weekend the Kia Forum in Inglewood, CA plays host to what is likely the last ever MMA fight for PRIDE legend Fedor Emelianenko. At Bellator 290 he’ll be taking on Bellator heavyweight champion Ryan Bader, for the second time in his career.
The first time they met, Bader TKO’d the legend in 35 seconds to win the Bellator Heavyweight World Grand Prix and the vacant heavyweight title. Since then Fedor has scored a pair of stoppage wins, over Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson and Timothy Johnson. Bader has been up and down, losing his Bellator light heavyweight title to Vadim Nemkov and scoring wins over Lyoto Machida and Cheick Kongo.
The remainder of the card is miles better than what the UFC is offering (at 1 a.m. ET). The co-main is Bellator middleweight champ Johnny Eblen, who shocked Gegard Mousasi last year, defending his belt versus Anatoly Tokov. Rounding out the main card is a fun welterweight banger between Sabah Homasi and Brennan Ward.
The prelims also have some intriguing names you might be familiar with (including Neiman Gracie, Lorenz Larkin, Karl Albrektsson and Darrion Caldwell).
But before these fights can happen, we need an incident free day on the scales. You can see how that goes at 12 p.m. ET and the stream below.
- Heavyweight championship: Ryan Bader (234.4) vs. Fedor Emelianenko (236.2)
- Middleweight championship: Johnny Eblen (184) vs. Anatoly Tokov (184.8)
- Welterweight: Sabah Homasi (170.8) vs. Brennan Ward (170.8)
- Welterweight: Neiman Gracie (170.4) vs. Dante Schiro (170.6)
- Welterweight: Lorenz Larkin (171) vs. Mukhamed Berkhamov (171)
- Featherweight: Henry Corrales (145.6) vs. Akhmed Magomedov (145.2)
- Heavyweight: Steve Mowry (253.4) vs. Ali Isaev (261.8)
- Lightweight: Chris Gonzalez (155.6) vs. Max Rohskopf (155.6)
- Light heavyweight: Grant Neal (205.2) vs. Karl Albrektsson (205.2)
- Flyweight: Alejandra Lara (125.8) vs. Diana Avsaragova (128.8* missed weight)
- Bantamweight: Darrion Caldwell (135.8) vs. Nikita Mikhailov (135.4)
- Bantamweight: Jaylon Bates (136) vs. Jornel Lugo (135)
- Featherweight: Isaiah Hokit (145.6) vs. Peter Ishiguro (145)
- Welterweight: Ethan Hughes (170.8) vs. Yusuf Karakaya (170.2)
When is Bellator 290: Bader vs. Fador 2 on?
Bellator 290 takes place on Saturday, February 4. The main card starts at 9 p.m. ET and airs on CBS.